Some of the times people want to go on trips without the presence of an unknown driver. Most of the companies respect the customer’s requirement and provide them with a self drive minibus Edinburgh. This way the minibus is totally handed over to you to which of course you have to drive yourself and have a good time with your friends and family. Before hiring the minibus you may have to provide some information requested by the company for security after that you are good to go.
Self Drive minibus hire Edinburgh and its advantages:
Although it is highly recommended that you should always rent a minibus with a driver due to his vast experience in driving a minibus. Unfortunately, some people decide otherwise and hire a minibus on a self-drive basis. Hiring a self-drive minibus can have a lot of advantages some of which are discussed below.
- Driving the minibus by yourself can certainly make the trip more enjoyable.
- It can also save you money as you would not have to pay the driver extra.
- There will be no restrictions in regards to what track or route you want to take on the trip.
- It provides you with the freedom of stopping or moving any time you like.
- As we discussed before more quality family time without the interference of the driver.
- You can spend as much time as you want on your trip final destination considering you will have to pay more for the extra days.
Disadvantages of hiring a minibus on a self drive basis:
There are also some negative points to hire a minibus on a self drive basis. Some of these are discussed below.
- Some of the companies providing self drive minibuses have strict terms and conditions.
- The minibuses provided on a self drive basis are limited and sometimes not as good as some good ones.
- In the case of scratching or damaging the minibus, you may have to pay a lot as settlement.
- Can cost you the same as hiring a minibus with a driver.
- You may not know the routes to a certain location which a driver will know due to his vast experience.
These are some of the things that should be considered if you opt for hiring a minibus on a self drive basis. It may seem more exciting to drive the minibus by yourself but there are some negative points to this as well. So choose what suits you the best wisely.
Vehicles available for self drive minibus hire Edinburgh airport:
It makes a lot of sense when you hire a minibus if you are travelling in large groups with a lot of luggage to the airport. A list of the most popular minibuses is mentioned below which can be rented when travelling to the airport.
- Opel Vivaro 9 Seater Minibus
- Volkswagen Transporter 9 Seat Minibus
- Mercedes Vito Traveliner
These are some of the vehicles that can easily accommodate up to 9 people and offer a comfortable ride with the help of all its modern fittings.
Cost of hiring a self drive minibus for travelling:
Minibus companies have different policies when it comes to cost. Some charge per hour, per day or per mile. Factors such as distance travelled, time of year, starting location, destination, and how long you’ll need the bus will all affect your total rental cost. An idea of what you may have to pay is given below and all the prices are in pounds.
- 125-160 per hour
- 1200-1500 per day
- 00-5.00 per mile
How your bus is priced will depend on the factors listed above. For example, shuttle services are priced per hour while long-distance trips are priced per day or per mile.